Thursday, July 30, 2009

Megan


My daughter is getting married! This is her bridal shower invite...she wasn't on the Magazine but could be :-)
She is getting married in 24 DAYS! Not 24 years, or 10 years or even 1 year....24 days less than a month!
One day she is taking less than 2 hours to be born and the next she is quickly headed down the aisle to be a wife!
Now my son has been married for almost 2 years, so this process of letting go is not new to me. But as I am sure any mom will tell you a daughters wedding is something altogether different. There are so many emotions going around, so many things to do, about so many different things. Add to that the fact that I am in the wedding industry and well I want it all....for her!
It is this feeling of I'm not done, I didn't do enough, I wasted time I should have spent with her. I have more to share, more to teach, more to plan. And yes I know she is not actually leaving, and I will see her all the time and still I feel like I will miss her. And now she will be his and not ours in just 24 days. Megan is this amazing blessing in my life. She LOVES Jesus. She is loving, smart, gracious, brave, self sufficient, helpful, and knows what she wants and beautiful on top of all that. Watching her grow into a Godly beautiful woman these 24 years has been an honor and more than I ever deserved.
She was a surprise....Justin was only 4 months old when we found out Megan was on her way and I was young... 2 babies when I wasn't all grown up myself was what I was faced with. And God just poured out His Grace to me, with her and Justin! Family and Friends were so good to us, supporting, helping and just loving us. And Megan just blossomed under all this love. And now we are giving her away, that part in the wedding when they ask "who gives this woman to be married to this man?" That will be a first time for us and it feels amazingly true, we are giving her away. Her fiance...he is great, he loves her and cares for her, I can see that and, in some ways better than we do. He loves Jesus too and for that I am thankful. I know she will be as much of a blessing to him as she is to us. I have prayed for him, even before I knew him and I know that God will truly bless their union. But I just can't shake the feeling that I am not done, I want more time!
Now we have 2 more amazing daughters to raise and maybe someday give away to be married and I am mindful of how short time really is and how much there really is to do....cuddling, talking, praying, playing, planning, spending time together and seeing all that God has given us.
24 years to 24 days so short the time....
Pictures of their day to follow :)

1 comment:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

What a sweet and heartfelt post! Megan is an amazing woman & I cannot wait to be a part of her wedding day! :)

Even though my son is still shy of 2 years, I already get teary eyed during mother son dances at my weddings.